Sa Famille Immédiate 1992 -Her Immediate Family 1992-





Immediate Family is a photography book of Sally Mann. 
The main subject is her three children and the land of rural Virginia. 
The first edition was published in 1992. It is a collection of 65 duo-tone photography images. 
Most of photography taken between 1984 and 1991 in rural Virginia.
Many photos in this book were taken in the year when I was born, that is main reason why I wanted to own the first edition of the book, although there is a latest edition published this year and we can easily find it everywhere. 
There are many critics and controversial opinions on this project.  The Candy Cigarette is a good example. But even putting aside everything behind, her works in this book is absolutely beautiful visual fine art.
It is always question if a photography is art or no,t but I think her work is fine art, and never an empty image.
Online purchase was not an option to me because I am very picky and I needed to see the detail condition in person first.
It for me took nearly a year to find one from used book stores, but it was a fun journey as well. 

 I am very happy to have her book, a great piece to have in art book collection!

Thanks for the Spoonbill & Sugartown Bookstore and Strand Bookstore.




Comments