To Discover: Is courage a substance of imagination or of truth?

First window painting I made after coming back to New York City in 2018.
Oil on Canvas, currently on view at my studio by appointment only.



2020.11.07

Have you ever wondered about contemporary oil painters who believes in old masters' techniques so religiously yet believes in and talks about revolution in politics and dramatic change in their mundane life? 

I have.

I feel work of such artists are dissociated with something that moves us, moreover there are self-satisfaction that I see on the surface of such paintings. Techniques shouldn't be the very core interest of artist if they intend to talk to people's..., deep part of their heart. I hope we, artists grow deeper with imaginations and believes and ideas..., and make meaningful works if we create anything that reminds on this planet.


Anyhow, today is a wonderful day.

Henri Matisse once said “Creativity takes courage.”

Georgia O’Keeffe said “To create one’s own world takes courage.” 

Henry Moore said “To be an artist is to believe in life.”

Many great artists have said something similar because it is true. You can find what an artist is by looking at what artists did, how they lived, and how they related to the society and world. An artist needs to live and be present right here to make art. An artist needs to see the world and feel the world, and seek who we are, what we stand for, what we believe in, and that all of them are the background of the "courage" that make us create and bravely present our own work. 


Mundane exists only within our imagination. Same for many ideas and concepts we established in our society.

I am excited for November and December to be creative months for me here in NYC. There will be at least one more group show in December that I will be part of with my new paintings, so please look forward to the update. 

I have been visiting museums and galleries and there are a few posts I would love to share with you on my blog as well when I can, hopefully while the shows are still up.


Although I have a couple dozen unread and unfinished books..., I am now waiting for an autobiography book from British author/artist that should be arriving from England. 

The rest of this year and next year will be for me window year, and also I will like to start working on drafting a book from the notes I have been writing. 

I have always wanted to have my own art studio where I can paint. If someone asked me if there's anything I would like to have(materially), I always had a difficult time thinking of something because I cannot tell them an atelier or art studio as an answer. 
When I finally signed for my very first art studio (a shared small space without a window and I adored it), since then I have managed to keep my little studio until today. I think since I don't believe in producing any digital art prints of my work, it's the collectors of my original work that have been supporting my dream until today. I am very proud of my art collectors and followers and believers.

Now that I have been somewhat maintaining my own art studio, I still wonder how it's even possible to have an art studio in New York City when securing a decent living place is already a task. 
I am writing this random note( a scream from my heart) because this is the last day I really need to post my rent for my art studio (have been keep "forgetting" because my instinct does want to avoid it, you know we are forever kids:/). 

Ah well, I do have something else, I do want to adopt a cat someday, but that is something that should not be gifted, right?

That's the most physically possible something I would love to have someday, all other things are something I cannot even touch.

Until my next blog, I hope everyone finds their own happiness and cherishes changes in your life. For tonight, let's feel together what we just accomplished with this presidential election.

Happy November everyone. 

Comments