Atelier Update: The Subtle Mutability In My New Windows




Small Window paintng "Soap Bubbles" (2020) 
Work in progress view next to a light switch
Oil on Canvas, 3.5"x2.5"

 Hello there, 

It is already the end of November 2020, all leaves changed their colours and now most of them left the trees in New York City. Still it has not get as cold as I remember how this city could be in the Winter. 

In the fall to the early winter, I always remember a poem "Nothing Gold Can Stay" by Robert Frost. Maybe the gold reminds me of fall more than any other colors. I do not know why but I really adore this particular poem, everything I feel from it I adore. but I cannot tell if we can share my feeling by sharing this poem since English is not my first language, and sometimes I feel that what I feel from English writing can be slightly different, perhaps I still read it with my Japanese heart, and I might be loving without understand what he really meant, or maybe I do understand perfectly:

 

"Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay."
- Robert Frost


I have been making small windows this past months and finally sharing the nearly finished progress images here. I am pleased to announce that three windows below will be in upcoming exhibition "Trading Card Art Show" at the Gristle Gallery in Willismaburg, NY. The show will open on December 12th, 2020 and will be on view at their official website. Please look forward to see the final pieces.

Progress View of Five small Window paintings next to a light switch

A friendly note: If you have been interested in becoming an art collector of either my work or in general, this exhibition will be the perfect one to start with. All artwork in this exhibition will be offered at the same and price. If you would love to acquire my painting, this exhibition will be the most affordable opportunity, and all works I am showing are my favorite small pieces. I hope you will also find them interesting. 

Please make sure to visit the exhibition when it's open, or you can also register to their collector's preview list at their website.

I am excited and thankful to be part of this exhibition at the Gristle Gallery this winter. I hope we can feel a connection between each other through enjoying this exhibition together, from inside our safe home(and from the atelier for me) for this year. 

.....For my brief studio plan/schedule....

In December, I am working on one commission, one life sized progress window painting, and other small progress works if time allows. 

In 2021, I would love to make at least a couple more life-sized windows since I have ideas that haven't been realized. One self-portrait painting at least since I just welcomed a new petit family which I will introduce to you sometime soon, and I may work on other continuous series work, and other paintings in my mind that are still not having full shape yet but growing in deep my mind.

Window paintings are still very important for me to make...because it is my study, experiments, and a challenge as an artist.

Warm Regards,

Natsumi Goldfish

Progress View: In A Dollhouse (2020)
Oil on Canvas omunted on watercolor paper, 3.5"x2.5"



Prgress View: Soap Bubbles (2020)
Oil on Canvas omunted on watercolor paper, 3.5"x2.5"


Progress View: A New Visitor (2020)
Oil on Canvas omunted on watercolor paper, 3.5"x2.5"
This one is luminous in the dark.




Comments