Two Moons in the Sky


Drawing on wood (left) and on paper (right)



Looking up the sky, I wonder and doubt the world when I see the sun and moon so close to each other.

I used to believe that they are in opposite ends of the earth. Because that's what children's picture books tole me growing up. When the sun is there, the moon is gone, when the moon is here, the sun is lighting up the other side of the world. The sun and the moon never get to see each other. They never touch each other. And when they do, that is when the world ends.

Now that, it is hard to accept this fact in front of me that the sun and the moon is so close to each other, because of what I believed, because of what the society indirectly told me, the idea and vision I grew up with. But also in my brain, I know that it (what I am seeing) is only that it looks like to our eyes, from the given perspective. 



---

There is always ways to make something happen.

There is always ways to make it work.

That is story that is applied within our society.

It is a useful law for your surrounding.



(but where can people learn this if they still didn't know? surely school and home weren't the place where I learn this)


It is, for the most of time, not the case when the great nature (and space) involved, they can take our life away in an instant moment. There is no another way, there is nothing that explains us why, because there is no another second to think, act, or try anything.

Look up the sky and then there is a flash of light, then burn to the space, not even the ashes remind. That’s the end I imagine the ultimate perfection of the universe.


Everything is in the space, and it is nothing, yet it is everything. They are something, as in particles or much smaller. It will take million years for us to see anything uniformed again.


Rather I get scared though, I feel ultimate beauty and romance for the environment we are held, I even find desire to obey the organism, even if that meant it might destroy my body. I guess that is because it is not their but my own organism. Anyhow, I am happy that now I am still here and being able to paint, and being able to write.


Reading the Asteroid Warning of NASA made me think this.

Will digital data disappear when the earth disappear? Or is there anyway for something from outer space to recover those data in the future.


It is a problem we as an individual can do nothing about. When in such environment, do we behave like other creatures, or do other creatures do better?

Well that might be the waste of time to discuss when anyway everyone will be disappearing from the planet.

---



---

If we could be doing what we feel right all the time

We will no longer be humans

We are then something else

That is what I have learn while living here as one of us.


something beyond, something less, something that does not exist, or something that is close to other animals

We have no way of knowing, that is why perhaps we try to get clue from something around us and imagine

For instance,
I think what we just saw in women in the Midsommar is the end result.


while ago, I was feeling so restless, not just because of the moving, not just because of other things that I needed to take care of, I was feeling so lonely, then, someone said to me that "I think it's the full moon" when I heard that that finally set my heart at, rest that I found a fellow on this planet. It is always hide and seek. It is always lost and found, it is always there, it is always far away, it is always right there.

---

Nobody can exactly tell if it's finished or not yet for contemporary art, when artist would not tell/confess

but it does not become that mean the work is finished

In contemporary art, "finished" of a work more relays on the artist, his or her own rule is involved for it to be finished work, in stead of fully about the artist's academic skills.

How convincing is your work, as a finished work?


--
It is two moons, not dual moons

---

Should I go back now

If it is not too late

I know it is not too late at all if right now

Should I leave now

It is maybe the timing if I wanted to

Can I see the future clearly

or does it really matter

If you tell me to say it to what I really want
I will still hesitate like I have been so


You might think because I am indecisive

but the truth is that I am seeing two different future

That are both untold


---

When I sent a photo to my friend a few days ago,

he joked me saying "Two Moons?"

Coincidentally that was something I have been thinking about for the whole week that just past.

Two Moons.

And he said that in two days he is away from the city and we will see each other again in late September.

I was told once that two is a bad number for design, but for my field, for my work, I don't think it is that bad, I actually quite like it, makes people feel uncomfortable looking.

When someone say something is bad, it is usually a clue, it is usually an idea that worth a lot. 

If we pay the time to stop and think about it.

--

We just had a full moon. (Also called Sturgeon Moon)

This year's Harvest moon is on September 14th.

It kind of makes me feel better to know that I will be away from New York City on the day.

I did not plan it, I was planning it to be in August, but in the end, everything falls into a better place.



Anyhow,
How do we say "the full moon" in French?


Ah,

la pleine lune.