Apples in my Backpack (EN/JP)


Today's Japanese Palindrome (今日の回文): 

品川にいま住む住まい庭がなし
(しながわにいますむすまいにわがなし) 
Shi Na Ga Wa Ni I Ma Su Mu Su Ma I Ni Wa Ga Na Shi

Meaning: "The House I live in Shinagawa Ward does not have a garden."

by 土屋耕一 (Koichi Tsuchiya)



The other day when L train shut down for the water main break.
Traffic on road was also cleared by police cars.

.........................................................................................
From this blog post, I will try to divide the content into first half for English and followed by Japanese. Some topics will overlap some won't, as usual.
このブログから少し書き方を変えてみようかなと思います。中身を上を英語、下を日本語という風に分けて見ます。内容はいつも通り同じ内容の部分が半分くらい、あとは気の赴くままに書き足していきます。
........................................................................................





A Gallon Gamsol finally arrived to my studio, these days I am in love with the online stores for art supplies that are heavy.
Gamsol is solvent for oil pianting that is said to be one of the safest and recommended solvents for schoolstoday, but It does not mean you can drink.  Sometimes when the solvent has no odor and looks like water, it is easy to mistake and sip, but then I realize that that is still not water but it is solvent.
The texture and the taste still remains the same as other solvents. Because we cannot use water for oil painting, we need many other chemicals, but at the same time there are so many potentials and rich variety of expressions that this medium holds. 

I also have no garden at my current home. One of my dreams is to have a self built atelier with a garden with a small green pond, and it is close to a river, and a little scary small forest. I imagine it will be somewhere upper New York so it is not difficult for my friends to visit me and I can visit my friends. 

I am collecting feathers of my bird, Nadeshiko, when they fall. I wonder if they will make a futon or comforter.  Maybe she can make a cushion. (She is a parakeet.)

I made some new painting surfaces that are now ready.

New painting surfaces

At art studio, instant miso soup is my all time favorite item to keep. Because my studio does not have gas stove it is important to find good instant miso soups. One of my favorite one is from AMANO FOODS, dried miso coup with eggplant. The two kinds, miso soup with raw miso paste and dried miso are both good.
If you have chance to try, I think they can be purchased from online stores, if you don't have family in Japan who can send things for you.

It is important for me to have some stock of food at studio as much as coffee beans. Otherwise I need to go out everytime I need something that is not the beautiful sky. 

This evening, I opened my backpack and noticed it smelled so sweet. I remembered about the apples I got this morning. 

私の今住んでいる家は品川じゃないけど私の今の家にも庭がない。
いつか近い将来に小さな緑色の池のある庭の中にアトリエを建てて
そこで作品を作りながら暮すの。




先日注文してた1GallonのGamsol と言うsolventがスタジオに届いた。1Gallonは約 3.7853 リットルらしいけれど、運ぶのは結構重い。油絵は水を使えない分水彩画とかよりもいろいろな薬品が必要になる。でもその分豊富な表現力もある。


ところで最近なでしこの羽を集めながらふと考えるのは、

彼女の一生分の羽で羽毛布団が作れるのだろうかということ。

座布団くらいは作れそうかなあ

New Painting Surfaces

1月に入ってから新しい油絵用の表面を数個準備した。

一昨日くらいの夜に、少し前にウィリアムスバーグに新しくできた無印に行ってインスタントカメラの写真のフィルムにぴったりのファイルを買ったのでとても嬉しい。
100枚入るみたいなので、なでしこの写真集(プロマイド風)ができるかもね。


種入りの緑のオリーブを食べたので、昨日からオリーブの種を土に埋めたらオリーブの木が育つのか、なんとなく気になってる。(アボカドは3つに1つは芽がでるよ)


そういえば、日本からお母さんに送ってもらうものにインスタントのお味噌汁(生味噌のとドライフードになってるやつ)は火の設備のないスタジオで作れてとても便利で、特にお気に入りのはAMANO FOODSのナスのドライ味噌のやつとかおいしいの。スタジオにコーヒーだけではなくて作り置きの冷凍おにぎりとかサンドイッチ作れる材料とか、お味噌汁とか常備しておくのは大切で。

なぜならそういう外出は綺麗な空を見にいくことと違って、貴重な時間を途切らせて幾度も外出することは絵のためにならないから


リュックを開けたらふわりと甘い香りがするので 今朝りんごを買ったことを思い出す。

なんだか今日は久しぶりに、心を立て直して制作に取りかかれる気がする。