A Twisted Definition of Fine and Good

A gifted camera for my birthday, my virgin sony.























This world is twisted about how we value things.
For instance, a question like "what is the best camera today?"

"The latest camera on market with the latest technology and with their advanced features is the best."

I think it is a bit off in terms of a thinking process.

Like about film cameras and digital cameras, a digital camera is of course better than a film camera.

Well, many street photographers today still use old vintage or old model of film camera from Canon, Nikon, or Leica, not the latest film camera.
Yes not even just a film camera of latest, they often chose old models of film cameras.

There are also cameras like Holga or Diana F+, often called toy cameras.
And they have abilities that the latest digital camera today cannot mimic even a bit closer.

Instant camera too, has amazing characteristic in their photos that any other camera cannot produce anything similar.

If we used the latest digital camera and try to achieve or mimic the same chance effect, we most likely use photoshop, and any photography processed with photoshop never look like one shot with a toy camera.

What is a good camera, what is a fine camera depends on what one is looking for.
If we are not looking into sharp image, vivid colors, low light sensors, digital view finders, and detailed image, and more, maybe we have too look into other fine camera options.

Fine, does not exist only on top of the history and technology, it is everywhere in our history.


I have been using my left hand as a main hand for weeks after surgery and that made me remember something that makes me happy.

I draw precede with my right hand, and i draw beautiful with my left hand.









Comments