Opening Soon: "SOMETHING BLUE" at EMERGE GALLERY


EMERGE GALLERY | SOMETHING BLUE

Opening on Sunday September 3, 2023


Dear Friends, 

I am excited to share with you that my work is included in the upcoming exhibition "Something Blue" at Emerge Gallery in the Hudson Valley. The exhibition will open this Sunday, September 3, 2023. The exhibition will be online exclusive on Artsy. When the exhibition opens please visit Emerge Gallery on Artsy and see the show and find my work. Exhibition will be on view from September 3, 2023 ~ October 15, 2023.

Two of my abstract drawings "Mimicking A Square" and "Dreaming Hands" will be part of the exhibition Something Blue. Little about me and Emerge Gallery..., I was invited to an exhibition at Emerge Gallery for the first time in 2016 which featured Brooklyn based artists curated by the gallery director. That time I had three still life paintings. This exhibition "Something Blue" will be my second exhibition with Emerge Gallery. On the flyer the second from bottom in the rightmost is a cropped view of my work. 

Although I am in a short break from my abstract work to focus on my more figurative work, abstract art is what I started with when I saw my future with visual art, and I know I will be back making them again in the future. Not many people might know but my very first and also early collectors were for my abstract works. I'm grateful when someone sees something in or feels something from my work in every state of my life, at any right moment of their lives.

About Blue Infinity(my abstract drawing):

My abstract drawing is a practice and study of non verbal communication which I see potential to be more universal and less boundaries in exchange to be abstract. My drawing starts with a simple line or circle and the next stroke is connected to the existing stroke, and so on it keeps going and  expanding slowly as if cell division in our bodies or plants. While I draw I let myself stay quiet and let my mind move freely between different topics that surround my life which can be about my next meal to my friend's situation to rumors I hear to my inner emotions to something political to more personal about my family matter. In the end, what remains is a delicate detailed organic form of drawing on a surface..., and that is the only thing that will remain for you to see. 

This year has been a lot of changes for me, starting with changes and events around me that deeply affected my inside immediately and still affecting me slowly. At the same my living situation is also constantly changing as I believe many of ours are.  Also on the great side there have been great new meetings with several amazing people and also reconnecting with my beloved relatives and friends. But actually, the fact that my core has been making and growing my art and that is really making me stay here..., because without me, there is no new art from me. I can share more about my recent art and a little more personal life insight in another blog.


When the exhibition opens please visit and see the show and find my work. 


About "Something Blue" exhibition from the gallery director:

This is an Artsy.net exclusive exhibition. Something Blue includes art of various styles and mediums by 91 artists. The work is predominantly blue or the viewers eye should be drawn to the blue element in the art.

Comments