The Odds of Meeting You Again


My latest paintings "Le Lapin de sous-bois"
being the guardians of my art studio.
Currently included in the exhibition at Gristle Gallery


What is the odds of seeing your sold artwork again in your life time?

Perhaps not so high. 


Studio Visit Magazine Volume 47, with my painting on the cover
April is when I was born, and right before my birthday I learned a few important things in life, my group show has opened as scheduled, and also a surprise news came in that the Studio Visit magazine selected my work for the cover. 

So since this might be the last moment I'm touching them, everytime I send my artwork, I do my best for packing so they will arrive at their new home safe, and the new owner will know the artwork is beloved to stay in its finest condition. 

I think about this sometimes, especially when I am alone in the studio, where my artworks are and if I will see them again, where and how would they will look like after all the journey them made. I'm not sad at all, indeed, I am quite happy to send my artwork around the world. For the finished artworks, I am mostly laissez-faire because I believe in my work that was found (or being found by) a new owner, but still I just think about them sometimes. I then sometimes test myself if I could remember every detail of them. 


Studio Visit Magazine latest issue 47, you can fine me on Page 78

These days I also think about something else, 

I feel I have to standstill for a moment for self-reflection, my original vision, my current vision..., so I won't lose myself in a big wave, so I can keep making my own work true to my heart, in any weather conditions. One thing I do not need to ask myself is that "Do I still need to, and do I want to make art." 


Follow My Official Instagram

Visit My Official Website




Comments