Something else that is not art.



Shall we talk about something else but art today?

That is where I often start in the beginning, but in the end I always find it to be somewhat about art.

Let's see how this one will be, will you read until the end?

A night ago, I went to sleep at around 1:30 then something woke me up at 3:30 since then I could not go back to sleep at all. Last night, I could get enough sleep, enough to not research how lack of sleep can (may) kill people. (I decided to write an additional blog for this month because of this healthy sleep.)


Do I like it,
or do I not.

Do I like the full moon,
or do I not,
for instance.

I do go to see the moon, I do speare my time to do that in stead of being canned in my studio sometimes. That is a kind of love, is not it?

But I still cannot answer if I like it or not after years from 2016 that I have been asking to myself.

It is beautiful though..., that nothing I can compare it with.

For the moon-wise I can say that I like the one in September the most, although I am not saying other full moons are less beautiful.


It is a very simple question, of which in front we (I am) are so vague answering straightforward.
Even if we say we like it, it does not mean we like it, often, because like is a word so light and familiar and easy to use, we say we like it all the time. It is a (positive) word that we can be very careless of using.

I hesitate to state I like it sometimes because I know I could flip the idea in an instance even if I don't have the intention when I say it, unlike the feeling of what I do not  like.

Like and love is different, you know, when you love it, then next is that it is hard to leave it.


If hate and love are both about attachment, like and not like are both about feeling.

What can we do to like everyone around us? what can we do to love everyone around us?
Maybe those two are completely different, and they take different approaches and processes in our heart.

Is it necessary though to like (or love) everyone?
It sounds good though if that is possible for all human beings.
But I wonder what kind of stress then we will create for ourselves next. You know, there are studies about human and stress coexistence. That we do need them (good amount of stress) in order to just live.

I guess besides like or love, we do need to be able to accept everyone around us to be there.
Right?


Anyhow,

I don't think it is right to force everyone the idea to like or love everyone else.  That can hurt someone, who cannot do that, you know.
We all need a place we can escape for/when not being able to (or do not want to) change some part of ourselves.

When there is a majority, then there are always minorities.

It is not their fault them being minorities. Minorities and justice are subject to change, we saw that pre, in, and after wars.

One of minorities today can be those who cannot accept LGBTQ existing maybe, or those who don't like feminism, or people who don't like one country for example (like younger Koreans who do not like Japanese, or elder Japanese who do not like Koreans), or people who cannot accept or understand BLM movement (I hope that is minority though). But if we attack those people, for not being able to change their idea, they will lose a place to exist.

My father for instance cannot accept some people from some other countries (for reasonable reasons), but I do not want to say it is wrong, that he is wrong, I do not want to blame him for not being able to accept something.

We do all have weakness, when we cannot accept that about others forgetting I and you also have the same weakness, it make us unable to accept the person, just like the person cannot accept the specific people.

I do not hold hate on a specific individual or a country yet, thankfully, for this I would say that I was born in blessed environment. yet I do have that similar feeling to the society(societies) itself. A quite strong one, I just do not talk about that, I just make my work in stead.

I think it's love and hate thing, when you care one part of something so much, you occasionally hate something else about it. I like something about this society so much, and that is how I have a strong wish for some part of it to be changed.

So love and hate is essentially different shape of same thing. When one gets bigger or stronger another might also grow. Most of the time, it is only love that grow because hating something takes so much energy of us.

But perhaps it is it is great to hold it as a utopian goal within our heart.

I talk about moon all the time to talk about liking, because it is an easy image for us all to imagine, and while I seriously discuss about moon to me, it is also because I can replace people to the moon while still I am talking about some specific individuals or my experience in my mind. Perhaps some of you already know this.

--
This past weeks, maybe 3 weeks, Japanese horoscope and American horoscope (app) are telling me quite opposite things.

For a long time, I believed that horoscope is universal

but maybe not?

----
I just read "recent interview with..." that came to my mail box as "racist interviews with..."

ah.., am I too influenced by recent atmosphere?

-------------

This summer I need a good mosquito solution for me to go to roof top. (maybe katorisenko..?)
That will be a new task for me aside making a good painting.


I will write you another blog in a half month.
Have a wonderful July until then.



P.S.
A book I read before I moved to the US, it was a fiction but based on the history, told me about how we can predict or read where the world is moving towards by seeing import/export or by working (or observing) the local business, the person in the novel predicted the war that was coming.

I remember I was so fascinated by that. That is why I still enjoy reading local and international news even though one news itself is never absolutely accurate.





Comments