It was a right move. What was?


Blur The Border, Not. III

Blur The Line, Not.

is a series I am making with a mirrored image of myself. I have been making some self-portraits for a while by now but this series I started very recently, towards ending of the lock down of NYC, in response to the rioting and looting and violent protest happening in NYC that was a good opportunity to question myself. We could be the ones who are doing it, right? I am doing those quick self-portraits in this specific time period, aside my window progress, to give myself a chance to self-reflect, and to suggest each of you to do the same.

What did we do and not, during this time?

We all have, within ourselves, a border between good and bad, good and evil, light and shadow. To others’ eyes good maybe bad and evil maybe good. But we cannot ignore the border within in order to stand by our beliefs.

What really important in order to do anything the best or better with all matters and activities and incidents that has been happening around us is that each of us to see, listen, and learn about ourselves, who we are, where we came from, who we are today, who we want to live as.

I am using a mirror image of myself to make those self-portraits, inspired by the looting and rioting, graffitis of words on buildings, protests that went violent, and many more. You say buildings are not human, it does not have lives in it. It is true. But violence towards objects is a sign and a beginning of violence to living things. Can you, each of us, really keep the border? 

Moreover, If someone believes in reincarnation, reincarnation not just within the human cycle, all energy of the world, then buildings are also part of us, or it might be new form of someone who used be human. Just like some Japanese believes, Gods are everywhere, so as spirits. You might be reborn as something that we say does not have life in it. Your farther, your mother, your grand mother might be there. It might sound silly to some people, but this idea is one of few ideas that won't hurt anyone by keeping it with you. Indeed it helps you to be a better human. 


It is difficult to change the government or system-ed society in just one day, but we can do it for ourselves if we wanted to, and that is the key for us to really change the matter, any matter in our community that we want to see the change. That was what John Lennon and Ono Yoko meant in their War Is Over piece too.

I offer these drawings of self-portraits at affordable prices to those who would like to collect my work, and I will also donate 10% of the sales to the organization, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline until ending of August. If you are interested please consider to have them as your new collection.

There might be no definite line shared with everyone, but we as individuals, do have lines and borders within us, that we can guide us who we are, who we want to live as. But to find such borders within ourselves, or to make them bolder, we do need to learn ourselves very well, sincerely.

The borders I am speaking of are not between one and outside, nor one and other people, they are of within oneself.

-----

Blur The Border, Not. I

In the middle of chaos and corruption of multiple layers, it is difficult to see what really are the matters that we need to face right now, and what we can leave for now.

What is right and what is wrong, which most of matters don't belong to just one side, and that makes it much harder to give a judgement from one's perspective because we must wonder if there is a solid justice to a subject.

So I was writing this blog earlier today because I has some small topics and thoughts that I could share.

Just like the outside, human is soft in inside too. We are emotive creatures and our mind moves to different places all the time. We get hurt (or feel being hurt) so easily too.


----

Do you think why is the skin of human so soft?

It's so soft that it is easily get scratched, blues, burnt, injured, damaged, tanned?

Many strong creatures on this planet in history have been having some tough skins or some weapons and protections.

But human is one of the most adjustable creatures on the planet that is still alive and present.

I think we are born to be soft skin. Born to have soft shells, born to be vulnerable as individuals, in order to develop intelligence. As a whole human it is strong because we carry and pass knowledges and experiences to next generations not just pass them on, progressed.

Dinosaurs' skins were much thick and tough, and they are extinct.


---

People who can do it,

people who will do it,

people who did it,

are somewhat selfish,

are somewhat lovable,

are somewhat seems to be weak,

yet are actually stronger than those who cannot and who do not and who will not.


Maybe soft and weak humans are the ones meant to outlive, for whatever that created us, if such something exists.

I don't want to see someone I know kill herself or himself anymore, nor to hear such stories, and I do not want anyone to experience it. I am also interested in to see what happens when we against this part of nature of human killing themselves. I am interested in to see what will happen if we let those people live against what it seems nature decide to make us to behave so.

 So, the portion of sales will go to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. If you would like to support another organization.

Blur The Border, Not. II


I love summer, yet the summer is a scary season to me because the moon is beautiful. It attracts me too much that I feel I notice something too late, I am afraid of something awful to be happening while seeing such beautiful light.

I am not being pessimistic, it is just that it really can happen.

But since I moved to a new place that has a rooftop, that I can be all by myself, I think if possible I will want to watch the next full moon alone and face my fair.


The full moon is one thing I see the absolute beauty, and it is one of the very few things in the world, the world which I still don't know enough yet, that scares me and makes me disable to stop crying sometimes because I see something else there.


I love full moon for its beauty, and I deteste the full moon because of it.

This is something I must write down in detail in my book someday. It maybe lead you to see some part of my work differently.


By the way, now when I think about the Sailor Moon (by Naoko Takeuchi), I think she was a brilliant author to use the moon as the main character of the story, main of the world, not the sun. The moon is probably nothing compared to the sun to the universe, yet to the earth, to the people, to our brain, the moon is as significant as the sun.


Which of these three is your favorite? I will probably work on more of those until somewhere middle or ending in July.

Have A Nice Ending of June 2020, everyone.



Love,
Natsumi


Blur The Border, Not. III



Comments