Drawings That Became A Painting



Ownership is a strange idea to me. 

In this world, even my work, I do not really consider that they are in my posession.

I still like collecting things, I adore them knowing that they will be there as long as they want to stay with me.


I though wish if I were brave enough to say something I know that would not come true.

Although I am said to be very out of box, crazy, and nuts, for most of things by my friends and family..., I am very realistic in that scense. 

I wish if I could say things that I know would not happen, as bravely and unapologetically as some of other crazy thing I may say to make it true. At least I try that in my work.


If I am brave enough to say something that would not come true, I could say and cry for what I want.

But I found other ways to display and put them out to the world which requires practice but in the way maybe more powerful. 

Today there was an important ceremony for my grandfather of my father side at my home in Japan. 

September is coming soon. The full moon in September is beautiful. A month between summer and fall that makes me anxious and unstable. This is something I am aiming to write in my book someday, so for now, I shall stay quiet. 

There are three wonderful exhibitions coming up...from late September to November. 

First one is at Yashar Gallery in Greenpoint. A small solo exhibition.
Second one is at The Living Gallery in LES. A group exhibition with other wonderful three artists. 
Last one is at AG Gallery in Williamsburg. A first and special collaboration with my amazing soul mate.

If you would like to receive updates on the exhibitions you can also subscribe to my mailing list. 

Subscribe to Natsumi Goldfish mailing list

* indicates required


If you are Press, Blogger, Writer, and Art Galleries and Museums, please use the form below.

Subscribe to Press List

* indicates required