Unknown: Pastel of The Only Vivid Colors_EN

Memories are like dreams.

But the colors on an old palette remind vivid and rich.

At my home I found my old palette that my mother bought for me for my elementary school.
It has a name sticker on the back side with my name in hiragana characters and a rabbit illustration to tell me that it belongs to me still today.

The palette also tells me that last time I used, which is probably over 10 years ago, that I did not clean up the colors after painting something.  This abstract pattern of rainbow hues ,that I made by myself out of consciousness, is hitting me like the water that hit the rocks under the river.



It was 絵の具(enogu), tubes of watercolor paints. Thankfully it was waterbased pigment that I was using back then. It was easy to wash them off. The colors are still remaining in my mind, vivider than perhaps the days I used to know those colors as only. This is a palette I had when I still did not know what art is, I did not have any idea of "art" or even questioned about it, I had never spent time to seek understanding or discovering the concept or existing of it, and I did not need to do so.
Now all (almost-) vintage paints are gone, and I can use this palette again to make new art.

This tiny plastic folding thing is still my favorite palette of all time.
Looking at it filled with primary colors are funny and to be honest..., a little shocking in different ways.
I wonder, what kind of feeling I will encounter if I try the same thing today. It will be a fight with myself today who has been trying to learn and experience making and seeking of art.
Back then I surely did not know of mixing colors. It is strong and straight, yet simple, and looks very unique to my eyes, with the fact that I made this map.

A happy reunion with my little self back then of true size.