Upcoming Tea Ceremony



Two of my paintings are included to an upcoming exhibition 
"Freedom of Fantasy" 
at New York Realism Fine Art Gallery 

A Dream Bird , 11" x 8 " Oil on Canvas
Tea Ceremony , 24" x 36" Oil on Canvas

"Tea Ceremony" is a painting that made in 2011, the first year I came to United States. It has very important meaning and message to myself and to the world. It is also a painting that I painted inspired "Cafe Terrace at Night"by Van Gogh.
When I show the painting, people love its beautiful colors and imagery at their first sight. 
 With a second thought, they have to ask a question “Is this a lesbian painting? “.
It's funny all of them who asked it so far was people believed in Christianity or Judaism. 
The chief if the gallery, a painter and a christian, also asked me the question before he  included it in the exhibition. 
If I said "yes it is lesbian painting." Probably they did not / could not accept the piece in the exhibition, even though they loved it.  
Of course I deny the lesbianity in the painting because simply which is not true. 
But I do not mind if it was about lesbian. 

How would you think what is "Tea Ceremony" about? 


It is funny and strange, that sometimes I feel the moment that I have absolute decision on the people and my art work not by what I make or how it actually looked like, but by what I say. 



The Detail of Exhibition
Location:165 West 86th Street, West Park Presbyterian Church, New York,NY, 10024
Dates:April 10-30, 2014
Opening:April 26, 2014 at 6-8pm

West-Park Presbyterian Church: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West-Park_Presbyterian_Church
The Gallery Website: (http://newyorkrealism.tripod.com/)

If you would like to come to the reception party, there will be good wine and many interesting people and great live music..
"The reception is free of admission, however it is always great if you brought bottle of wine "
(-by the gallery owner exhibition chief.
Feel free to contact me if you have any question about the exhibition. 


Comments